Open 7 Days a Week
Job Opportunities at BIG!NYC
Build It Green!NYC is always seeking qualified applications for temporary deconstruction staff. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Donations and Deconstruction teams to pick up and sometimes dismantle items that are being donated to Build It Green!NYC.
- Be available on an "on-call basis" for working pick-ups and deconstruction jobs. Hours will fluctuate on a daily basis.
- Applicant must have a good work ethic.
- Work reliably and effectively, both independently and as part of team of staff/volunteers.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment and comply with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Heavy lifting and moving of inventory will be required (100lbs).
- Experience on a construction site/project and or job site is preferred.
- Knowledge of building materials and basic hand tools is a plus.
- New York drivers license is a plus, especially experience driving a truck. BIG!NYC has a 14 foot box truck - please mention if you have experience driving a similar vehicle.
- Flexible schedule is required - lead time for jobs ranges from one week to one day's notice.
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gain insight about furniture, interior, and industrial design, building materials, basic construction, and distinguishing everything from antiques to dumpster recovered bric-a-brac.
Organize hardware, furniture and other materials to increase organizational capacity to inventory.
Marketing strategies for building materials, secondhand goods, and creative reuse construction.
Processing: which includes measuring, researching, pricing, and photographing inventory.
Strategize opportunities to make BIG!NYC a more eco-friendly environment.
Help utilize and develop your skills with your related interests.
Experience with photography and photo staging
Keen interest in found objects, various household goods and other accoutrements, furniture, upcycling, refurbishment, antiques, reuse, industrial design and fabrication, period placement, material uses, ecological construction methods.
Some knowledge of, and commitment to, the environment and green building or design.
Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Proficiency in standard office computer and internet programs.
Excellent tape measuring and spatial reasoning abilities.
The ability to thrive and multi-task in a chaotic, somewhat dirty, and non-climate controlled environment - we have two warehouses, after all!
Expert thrifters, serial antiquers, accouterers and dumpster diving aficionados, please apply! Reuse center interns must wear closed toe shoes and work clothes. This is not a fashion house. Two BIG!NYC t-shirts will be provided.
How can I apply for a reuse center Internship?
Applications will be accepted, and positions filled, on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted by email only. Include a cover letter, resume, two reference contacts, dates available, and estimated time commitment per week. All internship applicants should indicate the area or areas in which they would like to work.
This is an unpaid internship however class credit can be arranged for University and College students.
Applications should be directed to email@example.com
Check out other Green Jobs at NYC Materials Exchange Development Program.