& Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
In 2012 BIG!NYC:
* Diverted 1,200 tons of reuseable building materials from the landfill
* Donated over 57 tons of lumber to community & school gardens. That's 1,200 raised garden beds in NYC!
* Gave away $58,780 worth of materials to local organizations.
5/21 BIG!Compost Volunteer Orientation @ LIC (6:30-8pm). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
5/28 BIG!Workshops: Know Your Tools: Women & Trans Tool 101 @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (6:30-8pm)
6/8 BIG!Workshops: Scaffolding Lumber Benches with Spark Workshops @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (11:30am-1:30pm)
6/15,22,29 BIG!Workshops: Make Your Own Folding Stool with Mr. Fox @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (3 sessions; 12:30-2pm)
- Community outreach about reuse/recycling and waste issues in NYC.
- Design (Adobe Design Suite, preferred) for posters, fliers, signage and more.
- Social Media and Website management and development. Including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, and more.
- Write and distribute press updates to local media contacts. Organize media contact lists for print, online, events, etc.
- Research projects about waste issues, reuse projects, review bars/restaurants/businesses that have used materials purchased from Build It Green!NYC.
- Creative writing and editorial opportunities for weekly newsletter, press/media outreach and/or news articles for website.
- Special project: research (online and in person) customers who have businesses/restaurants/offices that utilized BIG!NYC materials and document for a "Projects" section of our website.
Marketing internships are available Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm (during regular reuse center hours) and will be primarily based in Astoria, Queens with some days in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Some weekends will be available for outreach events in the warmer months.
How can I apply for a Build It Green!NYC Internship?
Applications will be accepted, and positions filled, on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted by email only. Include a cover letter, resume, two reference contacts, dates available, and estimated time commitment per week. All internship applicants should indicate the area or areas in which they would like to work; location preference/flexability; and any foreign language skills they have.
This is an unpaid internship.