* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
Springtime DIY Project Ideas
All this spring-like weather in the dead of winter reminds us that the growing season is just around the corner. That means it's time to start planning your springtime DIY garden project!
Here are some fun ideas to spark your imagination:
* Build a compost bin or sandbox with salvaged scaffolding lumber;
* Make a tile or stained glass mosaic around your doorway;
* Design your garden path with cement blocks or marble cutoffs;
* Decorate your front stoop with Terracino planters;
* Build a picnic table to gather around at your first BBQ!
Whatever your warm weather wishes are, swing by BIG!NYC to check out our outdoor and garden inventory, to help you get started on your next reuse project!
Photo via Flickr, joaquinuy